Thursday 4 December 2014

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Hey, guys and gals!

So the other day I was in bed and got to thinking about much I’d accomplished by the time I was twenty. I then got to thinking about the things I wanted to do before I was 30 and began to write a list. I began writing the typical things women do, find a partner, get our own house, get married, have children and a dog called Buster or something along those lines. Other people want that too, right? If you know me personally, you’ll know I do not like to do anything like other people and I like to be different so I began to add other things. Some of the things I want to do are, travel the world, and experience some thrill seeking things like skydiving, bungee jumping, swimming with sharks etc. I then added something else to my list “Help a charity in some way or another”. I've volunteered before but I wanted to do something which was a bit different, to tie in with me being crazy and not wanting to do things by halves.

The next day I went to the shop to get the day’s paper and I picked up a magazine, I don’t know why but something told me to pick it up. I then went to pay for the magazine and the paper before going back home and reading the paper. I forgot about the magazine until the next morning and sat down to read it; it had the usual real life stories about a woman whose husband had run off with someone else and those inspiring stories, too. I then turned over the page and saw an advert for a charity trek in England. It caught my eye and I began to read up on it online, to the point where I felt that I had to do this. I’ve been telling myself I wanted to shift some weight and be a lot healthier due to my health and I also wanted to raise money for charity like I mentioned earlier in this post. I then emailed this company that seemed like the best company for me and they emailed me back a few days later with the answers to my questions. They suggested I speak to the people closest to me about it, and see what they think, first. So that I did.

Now, if I had a £1 for every person that laughed at me, or told me I wouldn’t be able to do it, I would be rich. The only people who actually believed in me were my Dad, my best friend and a few other people. My mother kind of swept it under the rug as if to say “Yeah, I bet you will”. I know she probably didn’t mean it, but it made me feel crappy. I felt like I didn’t want to do it, but as you will know by now, I’m very fond of a rapper called Iggy Azalea. She’s inspired me a lot since I found her music, and her music has also helped me no end. She was told she would never make it, and now has. So I thought about it and then thought about all the children I would be helping in the process, also the weight I would shift. Me being me, I like to prove people wrong, it is basically like my hobby, haha! So I paid my joining fee so now I have no way of backing out of this.

“What are you even doing, Shaniece?” I hear you ask, well....*Taps glass and clears throat*.

In October 2016, I Shaniece Smith, will be trekking this bad boy!



Yes! The Great Wall of China! All 8,850 km or 5,500 miles of it. Well the parts that are safe for me to do so!

I know the day is far away, but due to health issues I can’t just go straight into training and I need to break myself into it slowly. Anyway, with the way the years are flying by these days, I'm sure 680 days will pass by pretty quickly.

The charity I’m going to be supporting is going to be Barnardo's as they stand for everything that I do. Look them up if you're unsure as to what and who they are! Here's a link to their website: http://www.barnardos.org.uk

So that is that, and now you know. If you support me in what I’m doing then thank you from the bottom of my heart, but, I’m not doing this for anyone else. I’m not doing this for the people that were mean to be in my school life for being overweight, I’m not doing this for a guy, I’m not doing this because I’m bored of being the fatty of the group. I am doing this for myself, my health mainly but also those children that I know this money I raise will help! If you don’t believe in me and that I won’t do it, I cannot wait to sit my no longer fat ass on your face to make you shut up. I’ll let you know about donations when these people get me all set up with a donation pack. Let’s do this!


Thanks for reading, guys!

Peace and love,

Shaniece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment